What it's all about...

Exploring Natural Places in the Southeastern United States, Uncovering Hidden Histories, and Examining Local Mysteries

Saturday, August 8, 2020

Let's take a virtual vacation together!

     Escape your current reality with me. Let’s take a journey together. We can’t always take a physical vacation and goodness knows we all need one now and then. Especially in these complicated times. Let me tell you some stories and show you some pictures. Take a time out and join me on a virtual camping expedition around the southeast. In addition to up to date info about great places to go on an actual vacation, I’ll give you a descriptive look at regional history, my personal observations and experiences, ecological information, and, of course, plenty of pictures to help you escape. 


Campground Info Legend:


⛺ Tent camping

🏡 Cabins

🚌 RV camping

🚿 Showers

🚽 Bathrooms

💧 Water

⚡ Electricity

🚙 Drive up access

🛶 Canoe or Kayak access

🚶 Hike in access 

💫Dispersed camping

    

    Fair Warning: These won't be short trips. I'm going to show you beautiful places you've never seen, and introduce you to a whole cast of characters you'd never chance to meet. We will examine the ecological and cultural development of the southeastern United States. I'm excited! Let's get going...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oak Hollow Camp Ground

  I haven't blogged in a while, I went down the ancestry research rabbit hole for a while and also have been working on home projects, f...